Over 500 members of the hospitality industry in the West of Ireland attended the entertaining awards ceremony at the Radisson Hotel, Sligo where the top establishments in each county were named. Damien and the team from Leaf and Bean were thrilled when their name was read out as winners.
Since we opened in September 2016, our motto has been to excite customers by delivering healthy, natural food, drinks and remarkable coffee in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.
Thanks to the feedback from our customers and our peers, we feel we are going about things right.
The aim is to provide food that’s fun, fresh, tasty fairly priced, and swiftly served by people who smile because they want to smile.
“We have an appreciation for what we eat, for the journey of our food from farm to fork, and for the dedication of those working in the food industry to serve up Ireland’s finest food,” said Chief Executive of the Restaurants Association of Ireland.
We will now compete for the Regional and All Ireland Title which will be announced at the Irish Restaurant Awards in the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road, Dublin 2, on Monday 8th May, 2017.
The Connacht Regional Winning Categories were:
- Best Café – Leaf and Bean, Tuam, Co Galway
- Best Emerging Irish Cuisine – Aniar Restaurant, Galway City
- Best Kids Size Me – Café Rua, Castlebar, Co Mayo
- Best Restaurant Manager – Eimear Killian of Brasserie on the Corner, Galway City
- Best World Cuisine – Wa Café, Galway City
- Local Food Hero – Stefan Griesbach of Gannet Fishmongers, Galway City
County Winners 2017
- Best Restaurant – Kai Café & Restaurant, Galway City
- Best Chef – Enda McEvoy of Loam Restaurant, Galway City
- Best Gastro Pub – O’Dowds Seafood Bar & Restaurant, Roundstone
- Best Casual Dining – Cava Bodega, Galway City
- Best Hotel Restaurant – Upstairs at West @ The Twelve, Barna Village
- Best Customer Service – Roisín Dubh Restaurant at Renvyle House Hotel, Connemara
- Best Wine Experience – Sheridan’s Cheesemongers Wine Bar, Galway city
- Best Newcomer – Halloran’s Café & Restaurant, Oughterard
- Pub of the Year – Paddy Coynes Pub, Renvyle